For years, the name of the game for managing people was employee satisfaction. With a changing labor market and higher employer standards, that focus is changing.
What can I do?
All too often, we look to others to change, to fix, to improve, to adjust, to elevate their game, to help us. We wait, we hope, and we often feel stressed and frustrated because it just ain't happening.
What if - starting today - you stopped waiting for others and simply asked yourself, "What can I do?"
- What can I do to help my teammates?
- What can I do to improve my department?
- What can I do to make my position the best it can be?
- What can I do to improve my performance?
- What can I do to make my company more profitable?
- What can I do to improve my efficiency?
- What can I do to make our company less wasteful?
- What can I do to make my day better?
- What can I do to elevate my game?
- What can I do to make a customer smile today?
Stop being reactive and waiting around for others. Whether you are an intern or a CEO, being a leader is up to you. Your success is up to you. It's dependent on your actions, your choices, and your behaviors. There is great power in personal accountability.
Today, stop waiting around for others and start asking yourself "What can I do?" And then go do it.